Tom Bean VFD Experiences Growth in Calls, Seeks Better ISO Rating

Last year, members donated 4100 hours of their time to answer calls and train — a 78% increase!

As our area experiences growth, our call volume grows as well — 417 in 2021 — a 22% versus last year.

Please help us so we can help you when the time comes for an emergency.

How is the Fire Department funded?

We receive $26,000 annually from city and county contracts — this buys the bare minimum of fuel, insurance, communications systems, and truck maintenance.

With your help, we have paid off our building and our engine! This year, we are working to lower our ISO rating. Your past contributions helped us bring it to a 5 from an 8 and our goal is to achieve an even better rating to improve safety and reduce your homeowner’s insurance rates.

Where We Need Help:

Our grant applications are often successful. But grants only cover 90% of the cost, leaving our department to pay the other 10%. Even 10% is a big cost for a very small budget — $12,000 or more for a brush truck.

THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN! Your donations will help to cover unexpected expenses such as truck failure and equipment replacement. Support of any kind, large or small, is greatly appreciated.

How to help Tom Bean VFD:

Donations are needed for equipment, training, insurance, fuel, truck repairs, and more.  Our wish list is largely for the project to further improve the ISO rating. It includes a new brush truck — $12,000 (after grant) and replacing all air bottles — $2100-$4200 (after grant).

Mail checks to:
Tom Bean Volunteer Fire Department
101 W. Garner St. Tom Bean, TX 75491

or bring them by the station: 101 W. Garner St.

Fee free to contact us with any questions: E-mail tombeanfiredept@outlook.com or call 903-821-0542.