Indigent Waiver


If a defendant is indigent or otherwise too poor to pay either the appeal bond or the transcript, she\he may file an Affidavit of Indigency with the court and a Motion to Waive Costs within the ten (10) day period to file an appeal bond. A hearing on the motion to waive costs shall then be scheduled by the court.

Inability to Pay Fine

If a defendant does not appeal the court’s decision but is unable to pay the fine when due, the defendant must appear at the clerk’s office and request their case be set on a show-cause docket. If the defendant qualifies, the court may allow the defendant to pay the fine in installments or discharge the fine by performing community service. If community service creates an undue hardship, the judge may enter a finding of indigence and waive fines and fees.

Indigent Waiver Form